Let's talk about Tonya Conrad - The Brow Queen
At a young age, Tonya was fortunate enough to find her calling. She started in the beauty industry in 1994 and craved the gratification of making people look and feel better about themselves. Strangely enough, she has always had an obsession with eyebrows. After being a Licensed Aesthetician since 2003 and practicing cosmetic tattooing since 2010, she caught wind of the latest technique we now know as microblading. Tonya instantly attended advance training with Master Trainer/Educator Joyce Cirasuola in Williston, FL. Immediately Tonya perfected this new technique. Mastering microblading she is excited and brings this new service to Appleton, WI. Along with Tonya’s professional credentials she also has affiliations with local reputable Doctors at RefineMD and Dr. Parfit at Aesthetica since 2010
Microblading (Before & After) Click Here for Full Gallery
Who should get permanent brows and who is a good candidate for this?
Framing and balancing the face a well-designed and groomed brow can instantly give lift and emphasis to the eyes giving a more youthful appearance. Various concerns such as sparse, thin or naturally very light eyebrows can be addressed by adding fullness and definition without compromising a natural look. This procedure can mimic the appearance of hair in the brow or shadow.
Anyone who desires more fullness of the brows will love this procedure and the time saved not applying make-up. Those who used to apply brow pencil can go swimming, sweat, or wipe your forehead without the embarrassment of losing their eyebrows. Alopecia suffers are pleasantly surprised at how natural it looks. Most brow procedures require at least one touch up.
This amazing eyebrow treatment suits people who have an unflattering brow shape, have over tweezed or waxed, lack of hair do to prescriptions or chemotherapy, always had or are getting sparse areas in their brows that won’t grow back or just what to define and enhance their brow.
What is Microblading anyway?
“Hair by Hair” brows (also called 3D, HD, and feather brows) - Microblading is using a very fine blade to deposit pigments into the skin. It's more superficial than tattooing and with the color closer to the surface of the skin the strokes imitating eyebrow hair appear crisp and extremely fine, perfectly mimicking real hair. Getting MicroBrows is the best way to put the finest hairs back into eyebrows, providing the sharpest and most realistic definition and dimension possible.
What is Organic Microblading?
Organic pigments are natural, safe and reliable. Tonya uses the Next Generation of organic derived pigment. The organic inks are made from original formulas that reflect light, leaving a soft appearance that blends naturally with the skin. These inks are known for their stability, longevity and reliability. The organic inks are healthier and safer for the body and skin. Applying these inks to the skin, creates a natural shadow of color that allows her to accentuate the features of the face. She is the best at what she does because she uses an exclusive pigment line, which follows the Fitspatrick Skin Type chart. All skin undertones are different, Tonya does not believe in a “one size fits all” makeup system. She works with your skins under tone to give her clients the best natural results based on the color and undertones of your skin. In addition, her organic pigments do not oxidize. Using organic pigments gives confidents that your makeup color will not change, or fight with your skin tone. The result is a long lasting natural and softer color on the skin. She uses an expanded color palette for different skin undertones to provide a personalized, natural look. This color system results in a beautiful and refined look for MIcrobrows. Organic derived pigment that is completely vegan safe.
How long does it last?
Microblading procedure lasts about 18 months. Permanent make up is "semi", and client results will vary. Commonly you will need a touchup at 1-2 years. Generally the results are amazing but it very much depends on your own skin type, texture and oiliness. After care must be taken seriously!
How long does the procedure take?
Your MicroBrows are broken up into two appointments - the first appointment and then 4 to 6 weeks later, a perfecting session. First Treatment Please allow up to 1.5 hours for your first microblading appointment to be completed.
- Most of this time is spent waiting for numbing to take effect and measuring and balancing the brows and working together to get the best final shape. The tattooing itself is quite quick.
- When you arrive to your appointment Tonya will immediately get your numbing cream on (this is a Lignocaine & Tetracaine based product.) During your 20 minutes or so of numbing, you will fill out your consent form if you haven’t done this at a pre-consultation
- Tonya will take a before picture and will now be ready to chat about your desired look, color and shape. She will first tint and shape what you have for brow hair as she likes to use as much of your natural brow as possible. Then she will measure, balance and draw on a brow. This is the template Tonya will use to start the tattooing. Your brow may be a little tender to start with, but once the process is underway, Tonya will use a different type of numbing gel which will now be very effective as it has gone into the open skin, and most clients feel very little after a couple rounds of numbing gel.
- Once finished with the tattooing, you'll discuss aftercare, and take some shots to compare your pre and post procedure.
Perfecting Session Tonya will then see you in 4-6 weeks for your perfecting session. The time between appointments gives the skin time to heal and lets the color settle. The second appointment will not take as long. Tonya will see how your skin has held the pigment and can make any adjustments to color or shape as needed. But really this appointment is exactly as described- it's all about the perfecting of your new brows.
How long does healing take?
Healing usually takes about a week. However, please allow a few days if you have an event or special occasion coming up. She tells her clients not to micro-analyze their brows until 30 days that’s when you will know your completely healed pigment. Your new permanent eyebrow will go through several phases during the healing cycle. The pigment will appear very sharp and dark immediately after the procedure. This is because the pigment is still sitting on top of your skin, and has not yet settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually, and you may see some pigment on your towel after washing your face, or on your pillowcase - do not be alarmed. Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, the MicroBrows will look like they have dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly; however, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows. After a couple days, this will subside. Don’t puck or scratch. Once completely healed, it’s highly advise to apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 up to SPF 50 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun, as sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly.
Does it hurt?
In a word, maybe. But not that much. Numbing cream and gel are used liberally throughout the procedure and it's more uncomfortable than painful.
How long do Microblading last?
Everyone’s skin is different so it greatly depends on your skin composition and your healing process. No guarantee can be made that a specific client will benefit the same as another from this procedure. Microblading implant pigment into the basal layer of the epidermis; it is a form of cosmetic tattooing, using fine, delicate strokes to make the brow look as natural as possible. Other factors that play a role in longevity are skin color, the pigment used, thickness of the lines, and mostly how aggressive your immune system is in metabolizing the pigment. Factors such as sun exposure, BOTOX, AHA’s (lactic, glycolic, citric, retinoic and tartaric acids) or any OTC creams and lotions for tone correcting, anti-aging, exfoliating, or lightening the skin can cause your MicroBrows to fade.
How do you choose a color?
Tonya uses an exclusive Organic pigment line, which follows the Fitspatrick Skin Type chart. All skin undertones are different, Tonya does not believe in a “one size fits all” makeup system. She works with your skins under tone to give her clients the best natural results based on the color and undertones of your skin. Tonya will choose the color that is perfect for you.
Can I get MicroBrows if I am pregnant?
No, you cannot have this treatment done if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Who is not ideal for this procedure?
- Someone with severely oily skin. ( Pigment will look more solid than like hair strokes)
- Someone with diabetes type 1 or 2 ( Prone to slow healing and infection) can discuss further if it’s under control
- Someone who has Thyroid/Graves' disease ( Medication may cause pigment to not retain properly)
- Someone pregnant or nursing.
What do I need to do before my Microblading treatment?
- Do not take aspirin or ibuprofen or have any alcohol 24 hours prior to and after your appointment.
- Take a non-aspirin pain reliever 30 minutes before
- Discontinue Retin A skin care products close to the brow area two weeks prior and after your procedure.
- Discontinue use of AHA skin care products close to the brow area one week prior to your procedure.
- No waxing, tweezing, plucking, trimming, laser or electrolysis one week prior to procedure.
- Stop taking fish oil at least 72 hours before.
- And please no Botox or fillers in the brow area two weeks prior.
What about after my Microblading treatment?
Aftercare will be discussed at your appointment, and you will leave with a sheet of instructions.
$425 includes your first procedure and your 4-6 week perfecting session and a soft comfortable ice pack.
What are my future touch-up costs?
$150 - Full Color Refresher within 1-2 years
$200 - After 2 years since last visit
$300 - After 3 years since last visit
Full Price - After 4 years